Most companies are interested in raising their bottom line as much as possible. Therefore, we should also constantly look at what costs can be reduced in order to ensure that you have a surplus for investment and development. At the same time, it is a balancing act, as you have to be careful about compromising the product and performance – especially if you have particularly demanding customers.
Here we will come up with some main rules that can be implemented in all companies – without compromising on the quality of your service.
Send your package cheaply with a little planning
You probably have a good overview of which products you sell the most of – and to whom. Maybe you also have a reasonable handle on when orders are made and in what quantity. If you have control over your customers’ purchasing behavior, you can plan based on it.
For a small, local company, this means, for example, that you know how many labels to order at a time and what type of packaging to use. For larger companies, you may know when consumers in a given country order your goods, so you can ship them to a shipping center or local remote warehouse well in advance – and thus send packages cheaply abroad, as you do not have to pay for fast delivery.
These are just a few examples of what planning can do. Of course, there are plenty of other examples, and if you look through your business, you will be able to quickly spot a pattern you can plan from.
Never wait until the last minute
If you take the contradiction of planning, you have incalculability. Here you can quickly end up in situations where you have to pay extra to get a quick service. It can be a lack of packaging, packing labels – or maybe a package being forgotten, so you will have to pay extra for express delivery.
These oversights can run into huge additional costs in more ways than one. In addition to the price, of course, there is also time to think about. There is nothing more annoying than having to interrupt your working day because of an urgent matter.
When shipping domestically or internationally, customers’ main goal is to find a service that meets their needs while also offering the best prices.
However, with numerous factors influencing delivery costs and additional features such as tracking and insurance provided by various carriers, shipping can range from moderate to very high.
This article goes over some of the most affordable rates offered by various carriers and how you can ship a parcel on a budget.
How to Ship a Package Through Courier Providers
To ship a package via any carrier, you must ensure that your item is correctly packed. This guarantees the safe delivery of your parcel and must be done carefully. Some steps you may follow for the secure shipment of your package are as follows:
- Begin by assessing your item(s) and selecting the appropriate shipping box.
- Measure the package weight and dimensions to help you calculate the shipping cost.
- Next, decide on a service. Read about various carriers and the types of shipping options available, along with their restrictions.
- Fill out any online form and book your shipment through the required procedure.
- Then, pack the box with padding material and tape. Attach the shipping label as well.
- Finally, you may take the parcel to a nearby service point or schedule a pick-up. Remember that you should choose the most budget-friendly options available throughout these steps!
How Much It Costs to Ship Through UPS
UPS provides worldwide delivery services that are quick and efficient. Its ground services are less expensive than its air services, but delivery may take longer.
Below are the calculated postage rates for this service for a reference package weighing 10 pounds with dimensions of 20 x 12 x 10 (in). See delivery prices to ship parcels.
- From Australia: Shipping from Sydney to New York via UPS Worldwide costs approximately $250-$450.
- From the UK: Mailing the package from London to New York has a shipping price of $250-$400.
- From Canada: UPS Ground will cost about $40, whereas other international services will have a shipping rate of between $100 and $200.
How Much It Costs to Ship Through DHL
With a presence in 220 countries and delivery to even sanctioned countries, DHL cannot be overlooked for exceptional international services. The following are DHL shipping estimates for the same package. See costs for parcel delivery.
- From Australia: DHL Express Worldwide or 12:00 will cost nearly $250
- From the UK: When sending the parcel from London, the price is $150-$200.
- From Canada: The delivery price for a shipment sent from Ontario to New York via DHL Express Worldwide is around $100.
How Much It Costs to Ship Through FedEx
FedEx is another reputable courier service offering domestic and worldwide services at affordable rates. Shipping a 10-pound package with FedEx International Economy or Priority services has the following delivery costs. See the cheapest way to ship parcels.
- From Australia: Shipment using FedEx International Priority or Priority Express costs approximately $450.
- From the UK: When transporting an item International Economy or Express, the price range is $340-$400.
- From Canada: FedEx Ground will cost around $60. Other international services will increase the price up to $200. However, FedEx International First costs considerably higher, i.e., about $500.
Now that you have a clear idea of the shipping costs of sending a parcel from various locations to the US, you can easily choose a service that seems like the best fit for you. Lastly, carefully consider the reputation of a service before finalizing the shipment.